Join the PRWA
Are you interested in joining the PRWA?
- Membership is open to all workers in the food-and-beverage service industry.
- As an all volunteer, membership run organization, you can be a leader pretty easily!
- Members are a part of our Solidarity Action Alert Network organized to support workers who are fighting to improve their working conditions.
- Become a member, attend our next meeting and you’ll receive:
- A copy of our Know Your Rights!: A Restaurant Worker’s Survival Guide
- Quarterly email Newsletter
- PRWA promotional materials
Do I need to work in a full service restaurant to be a member of the PRWA?
Not at all. The PRWA is made up of workers from every different segment of the food-and-beverage service industry, from fine dining to fast food. Our industry also includes bars, cafes, cafeterias, concessions, coffee shops, carts, bakeries, caterers, and any place where food or beverages are served.
Do I have to be cook or waiter to join the PRWA?
Not at all. Cooks, bakers, dishwashers, servers, bussers, food runners, bartenders, janitors, hostesses, delivery drivers, and baristas are all members of the food service industry. We all share common experiences and we all have a mutual interest in the advancement of the working conditions and industrial standards in which we’re employed.
I don’t work in the food-and-beverage service industry anymore, can I still be in the PRWA?
Don’t work in the restaurant industry anymore? Never did? But, you believe the rights and working conditions of those who serve you are important? Join the PRWA’s Diners Alliance.